Highlighted

Importing Anything Causes Premiere Pro to Crash

Community Beginner ,
Oct 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every time I attempt to import a file of any kind into Premiere Pro, it crashes, whether it's a video or even just an image.

I've attempted numerous restarts and updating Premiere, but the issue is still present. This all started after I updated my NVIDIA driver after Premiere recommending I do so to avoid risk of any technical issues. (Just for context, my laptop's running a GTX 1060 ti).

If anybody could help me out, that would be amazing, because in the mean time, I can't use Premiere Pro.

Thanks,

James.

I've found that downgrading Premiere Pro in Creative Cloud fixes the issue (I downgraded to 14.3). To do this go to the Creative Cloud>All Apps>Premiere Pro 'More Actions' (3 dots)>Other Versions and installed 14.3. A later update may also work.

TOPICS
Crash, Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Importing Anything Causes Premiere Pro to Crash

Community Beginner ,
Oct 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every time I attempt to import a file of any kind into Premiere Pro, it crashes, whether it's a video or even just an image.

I've attempted numerous restarts and updating Premiere, but the issue is still present. This all started after I updated my NVIDIA driver after Premiere recommending I do so to avoid risk of any technical issues. (Just for context, my laptop's running a GTX 1060 ti).

If anybody could help me out, that would be amazing, because in the mean time, I can't use Premiere Pro.

Thanks,

James.

I've found that downgrading Premiere Pro in Creative Cloud fixes the issue (I downgraded to 14.3). To do this go to the Creative Cloud>All Apps>Premiere Pro 'More Actions' (3 dots)>Other Versions and installed 14.3. A later update may also work.

TOPICS
Crash, Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 14, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you go to Software Only rendering, does that help? If so, you may need to try a different GPU driver.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 14, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Oct 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the response,

Software Only rendering doesn't work either unfortunately. I've attempted to switch to a studio driver from the game ready driver, but that also doesn't work, same with rolling back the driver.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 14, 2020 0
New Here ,
Oct 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the exact same issue. Except i can import then it crushes randomly as i'm editing. No solutions yet.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 14, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Oct 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 16, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Oct 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will preface however that this doesn't totally fix the issue. I find that I need to perform downgrades and upgrades every time before opening the application to avoid it crashing. It's only a temporary fix.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 17, 2020 0