• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Importing Canon C70 10bit 4:2:2 crashes the whole computer.

New Here ,
Jan 14, 2021 Jan 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone, I'm a professional video editor, and we've recently started shooting with the new Canon C70. The big problem that appeared immediately after we imported the 10bit 4:2:2 is a Premiere freeze and subsequent computer crash (not necessarily in that order). And it only happens when importing the 10bit 422 footage. Other formats on C70 import just fine. 
So far I've tried:
Updated Premiere to the latest version

Cleared cache and plugins

Reset the preferences. 

- I work on iMac, Catalina OS. And have never experienced any issues when working with other cameras and formats. Even something like CRAW and other raw formats work fine. 
Thank you for your help! 

TOPICS
Crash , Editing , Error or problem , Formats , Freeze or hang , Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 14, 2021 Jan 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see from other posts on this forum that this has been an issue since 2017 Panasonic GH5 release. Why is free DaVinci working perfectly fine while the program I pay for underperforms on such basic issues as 10bit video. Smh.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 27, 2021 Feb 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue. Have you solved this yet?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 01, 2021 Mar 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only solution I have is to reencode all of the files to ProRes using media encoder. I found it to not be worth the time and just shoot 8 bit now. Premiere sucks. And Adobe's support sucks. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Apr 06, 2021 Apr 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are variations of H.264 that Nvenc and Quick Snyc cannot encode or decode. It would not matter if you used Eduis, Avid or FCPX. That being said the new 10nm chips from Intel are supposed to a revamped version of Quick Sync.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 06, 2021 Apr 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any news on this? I'm having the exact same problem and this may be the last straw to move to Resolve. This is rediculous.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 07, 2021 Apr 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you might want to do that because there's no solution. The only fix is to NOT shoot 4:2:2, Duh. I am so fed up with Adobe. I have moved all of my personal projects to Davinci

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Apr 07, 2021 Apr 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Could you please make a demonstration video of  DaVinci Resolve playing back the video files?  I say that becuase there are variations of H.264 that Nvenc and Quick Snyc cannot encode or decode. I am wondering how DR is able to play it back. I want to be hip! I have DR but I do not have a camera that records to the odd H.264 variations that Quick Sync and Nvenc cannot encode and decode.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines