• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Importing DV tape Video from sony DCR-HC24E to Windows 10

New Here ,
May 31, 2018 May 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, I hope you can help. I want to import my videos from the Sony DCR-HC24E camcorder to a Windws 10 computer using the ILink Firewire cable. I have a Firewire port on my PC.  I've tried using Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2019 which says 'Capture Device Offline', I also tried the PlayMemories software to no avail, it starts the software (both Adobe and PlayMemories) but won't go online.

I've been directed to this page which suggests for my make and model of camera I cannot use 'PlayMemories Home' software...

https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/support/articles/00022457

It then directs me to this page which seems to suggest I have to use video capture cable

https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/support/articles/00028223

https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/support/articles/00022459

Surely I do not need to use this method, I just succesfully transferred all my old video footage from an older Sony DCR-TRV120e camcorder using premiere pro cc 2018 with no problems at all using an iLink Firewire cable.

Can anyone help please ?

Thanks in Advance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 05, 2018 Jun 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, good to know, am still waiting on this damn cable to continue investigations, hopefully today

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 02, 2018 Jun 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi thanks for doing that, yes the older Sony cameras seem fine, my DCR-TRV120e camcorder also worked ok

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 01, 2018 Jun 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Capture your footage the same way as you did with the D8 camera.

You also don't need a video capture cable: stick to firewire.

You are going to make your movie with Premiere so you don't need the Sony software. (I would de-install)

and there is a lot you can do just with windows explorer.

Use the memory card only for photo's and the tape for movies.

Premiere can be a big pita when it comes to capturing tape.

Scenalyzer might be a good alternative

or windows movie maker (does that still exist?).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 01, 2018 Jun 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much for your reply . I may have been misleading

I did stick yo firewire and did use exactly the same method as the D8 camera but it just says 'Capture Device Offline' even though it starts premiere pro when slide the button on camera to 'play' and (having already connected the ILink cable).

Just weird that a more modern camera (although still ancient lol) doesn't work with exactly the same software and cables etc

so no I don't want sony software, just gave it a go as I was directed to it in googling the problem, thought perhaps it may have the older drivers required and it may well do but premier pro kept starting every time I pressed I put the sony camera into 'play' mode, if I can stop this default behaviour it may well give the sony software a chance as I had the playmemories running when connecting the camera ready, soon as went to 'play' on camera the adobe software started and then the playmemory said 'another device is in use''

does anyone know how to stop premiere pro cc 2018 firing up in this way as that may well solve it or at least rule another problem out

many thanks x

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 05, 2020 Jul 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This might help someone if they are searching for a solution of capturing video from an older Camcorder. I'm on WIN10 with an older Dell Laptop. Purchased an Adaptec Firewire PCI Expresscard for this purpose. Managed to find instructions to replace the default driver with an OHCI Legacy driver.

While the computer would recognize when I connected and disconnected the Sony DCR-TRV330, the Sony PlayMemories program wouldn't detect the Camcorder. So sad right?

Thanks to Stan Jones and his post - I found the program called ScenalyzerLive 4.0. and this program allows me to control the Camcorder and capture Digital-8 video over fire wire, which is nice. Why would I or anyone want to capture video over S-Video or Composite or Component connections?

GoTo http://www.scenalyzer.com/ to acquire the program. A license file is included in the .ZIP file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines