Highlighted

Importing Images and PNGs turn black

Explorer ,
Sep 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am importing JPGs and PNGs into my library and it just shows up black and doesn't allow me to slide them into the timeline. The program is up to date and I've restarted the computer several times.

I just reset the settings for the program. It must have gotten messed up in something, but it's all good now!

TOPICS
Error or problem, Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Importing Images and PNGs turn black

Explorer ,
Sep 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am importing JPGs and PNGs into my library and it just shows up black and doesn't allow me to slide them into the timeline. The program is up to date and I've restarted the computer several times.

I just reset the settings for the program. It must have gotten messed up in something, but it's all good now!

TOPICS
Error or problem, Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 10, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, these are images in the Library panel?  Or are they in the Project tab?

If the still images are not in the Project tab, try selecting the Project tab and then choose File > Import.  

Also, what Color Mode are the images?  They need to be RGB Color Mode.  Still image files with CMYK Color Mode are not supported.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 10, 2020 0
Explorer ,
Sep 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 30, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for sharing what fixed it!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 30, 2020 0