Highlighted

Importing .mov render from DaVinci Resolve into Premiere changes colour correction

New Here ,
Oct 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All.

I recently completed a short film. I sent it to a repuatable company to colour correct/ grade and they exported a large 23GB master file for me and it looks fantastic. However, when I import the file into Premiere and playback the master file, the colour correction/ grade changes. The overall look is a bit more saturated and doesn't have the same detail or tone as the master. Even when I export it to a smaller file size (I need to export a smaller file for Vimeo to send out to film festivals) is affecting the film's colour grade/ correction,

I'm really confused. Any help for this out there?

(Screen Shots: Top is MASTER, Bottom is SMALL FILE EXPORT)

Thank you

Screen Shot 2020-10-07 at 5.17.49 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-10-07 at 5.21.06 PM 1.png

TOPICS
Editing, Export, Formats

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Importing .mov render from DaVinci Resolve into Premiere changes colour correction

New Here ,
Oct 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All.

I recently completed a short film. I sent it to a repuatable company to colour correct/ grade and they exported a large 23GB master file for me and it looks fantastic. However, when I import the file into Premiere and playback the master file, the colour correction/ grade changes. The overall look is a bit more saturated and doesn't have the same detail or tone as the master. Even when I export it to a smaller file size (I need to export a smaller file for Vimeo to send out to film festivals) is affecting the film's colour grade/ correction,

I'm really confused. Any help for this out there?

(Screen Shots: Top is MASTER, Bottom is SMALL FILE EXPORT)

Thank you

Screen Shot 2020-10-07 at 5.17.49 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-10-07 at 5.21.06 PM 1.png

TOPICS
Editing, Export, Formats

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 07, 2020 0
Enthusiast ,
Oct 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why did you import the file into Premiere?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 07, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is yourOS and monitor? What are you using for color management on your system? Any calibration of the monitor, and what is it set for?

Do you have the Display Color Management option on or off?

And what color management settings are you using in Resolve?

Color management doesn't just happen, you have to make it so ... which surprises most people.

Neil

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 07, 2020 0