• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Importing mxf into premiere pro

Explorer ,
Jun 18, 2020 Jun 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The files were shot on a SonyVenice. When I bring in the mxf files into premiere they seem to be warm

and saturated. When I bring them into Resolve they look dull and gray and ready to be color corrected.

What is premiere doing to the clip?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 18, 2020 Jun 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you check the Master Clip tab in the color workspace Lumetri panel? Some cameras have Master Clip things for certain cameras/formats.

Neil

Master Tab.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 15, 2020 Oct 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Matt,

reading your post, i'm just wondering how you imported the mxf files form the Venice cards.

I've been given some footage from Venice and it comes in the Card folder structure (hopefully unaltered), but PP doesn't see the whole card as such. I only can import the files under "File Directory" and ONE by ONE...!

Any tip on this? Is there a naming structure that I miss maybe? My files are in the CLIP fodler, under another folder named after the card I guess, like A011CH7S.

Hoping to hear form you soon!

Thx a lot!

Federico

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Federico,

Are you using the Premiere Media Browser to ingest the media? If not, try there ... you should be able to select the top folder of the card, and import everything under it I believe.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Neil,

Thanks for your message!
Yes I use the media browser. I’m very familiar with the whole import workflow in pp, using the MBrowser to import RED footage, FS7 cards, etc... so I know about the folder structure and need to keep it unaltered when copying it on a drive for later import.
Yet, here in this case, it’s really not working. No “blue” eye in the media browser at any folder level :(. I’m still searching for a solution or way around. Can’t just imagine Sony has not figured it out, or is it Adobe..?

Best,

Federico Campanale
Artist | Filmmaker

www.federicocampanale.com
+31 624876301 | F. De Wollantstraat 50, 1018SC Amsterdam, NL

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Woa, that's not good.

Wonder if @Kevin-Monahan could offer assistance?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines