Importing OneDrive files into Premiere Pro

New Here ,
Dec 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have some large video files on OneDrive (around 3-5GB) each. These take a long time to download, so I was wondering if you can access files to OneDrive through Premiere Pro, so that I don't have to download each file, can just import it straight into Premiere Pro from OneDrive

TOPICS
Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Importing OneDrive files into Premiere Pro

New Here ,
Dec 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have some large video files on OneDrive (around 3-5GB) each. These take a long time to download, so I was wondering if you can access files to OneDrive through Premiere Pro, so that I don't have to download each file, can just import it straight into Premiere Pro from OneDrive

TOPICS
Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Dec 24, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Dec 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Best is to work with local drives.

Use one drive for backups.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 24, 2020 1
Most Valuable Participant ,
Dec 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>take a long time to download

>import it straight into Premiere Pro from OneDrive

Downloading slowly means the files would have the same slowness while trying to edit, if PPro would even be able to access the files from a remote location

Have you tried to do that to find out for yourself?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 24, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Dec 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm testing out LucidLink's service for remote collaborations in both Team Projects and Productions mode. Which seems almost magical in some ways. That service moves all file metadata and the first frames immediately, so you can use that as your shared storage and actually work.

It does need many gigs of local storage to move files down to your machine that you are currently working with. I don't think OneDrive can duplicate that process.

Neil

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 24, 2020 0