Importing ONLY the in and out selection from After Effect file

Oct 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When importing an after effects aep file into prpro, how can you get ONLY a part of the file?

Ex. I create an after effects file that is 1 minute long. I want 10 seconds of it in a particular prpro sequence.
So - I mark the in and out where I want the file to 10 seconds to begin and end. (I also set the in and out on the bar about the in and out market, whatever that is called).

However, when I import the file into premiere pro, it imports the entire after effects sequence.

I can, of course, trim the sequence in premiere pro, but different people are working in AE and prpro, so that doesn't work in my workflow.

Is there some/any way to define the part of the AE file I want to import into premiere pro - so the correct in and out markers are already present?

TOPICS
Editing, Export, How to, Import, User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Importing ONLY the in and out selection from After Effect file

Oct 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When importing an after effects aep file into prpro, how can you get ONLY a part of the file?

Ex. I create an after effects file that is 1 minute long. I want 10 seconds of it in a particular prpro sequence.
So - I mark the in and out where I want the file to 10 seconds to begin and end. (I also set the in and out on the bar about the in and out market, whatever that is called).

However, when I import the file into premiere pro, it imports the entire after effects sequence.

I can, of course, trim the sequence in premiere pro, but different people are working in AE and prpro, so that doesn't work in my workflow.

Is there some/any way to define the part of the AE file I want to import into premiere pro - so the correct in and out markers are already present?

TOPICS
Editing, Export, How to, Import, User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 12, 2020 0
Oct 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only way I know of is to export that section of the Ae file from Ae to 'real' media, and use that video clip back in Premiere. You might ask this on the Ae forum, if there is a way, someone there would know.

Neil

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 12, 2020 0