Highlighted

Importing timeline sequence

New Here ,
Aug 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to import a sequence from an old project to a new project. I open new project, I go to file>import>import selected sequence and I import what I want. However, once imported, the old sequence files appear in the Project Media space in name order and not in timeline/sequence order. So, when I drop them into the new timeline, they're not in the order I wish to edit them. I just want to import the old sequence exactly as it is in the old timeline order. Is there a way to do this? What am I doing wrong?

TOPICS
Editing, Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Importing timeline sequence

New Here ,
Aug 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to import a sequence from an old project to a new project. I open new project, I go to file>import>import selected sequence and I import what I want. However, once imported, the old sequence files appear in the Project Media space in name order and not in timeline/sequence order. So, when I drop them into the new timeline, they're not in the order I wish to edit them. I just want to import the old sequence exactly as it is in the old timeline order. Is there a way to do this? What am I doing wrong?

TOPICS
Editing, Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 26, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you can have multiple premiere projects open at the same time.  try opening both your old and new project and copy your sequence from the told project to the new project...  You might also...tell us your system specs: OS version, Premiere version, amount of RAM, Hardware specs including graphics card

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 26, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to open the sequence on a timeline ... not drag the clips.

Neil

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 26, 2020 0