• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Importing to Premiere pro washes out my raw footage.

New Here ,
May 07, 2021 May 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Everyone, 

I was using this footage over a year ago in Premiere Pro. No Issues. 

I recently needed to do a new cut and started a new project. I imported the same footage and all the footage is completly washed out on import. The second it hits the bin, even before a formal import its all washed out, almost like the brightness and contrast is way down. If it means anything I am using Raw footage from a RED Camera. 

If anyone can help pleae I am on a serious deadline here. 

Thank you!

TOPICS
Editing , Effects and Titles , Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 08, 2021 May 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi tonym23186357,

We're sorry to hear about this. We can get this checked. Let us know the version of Premiere Pro that you are using, the system specs (OS, CPU, GPU & RAM) & the RED camera that was used to capture the media. Also, please share a screenshot of the preview that you are getting in Premiere Pro.

Thanks,

Sumeet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 08, 2021 May 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Sumeet,

It is the latest Version of Premiere 15.1
I am on an iMac with i7 processor and 16gb of Ram. DDR3
Graphics card is AMD Radeon R9 M395X 4 GB

For the record, I have used this exact footage in premiere pro just over a year ago and the footage imported just fine. I've opened up the old project to see how the video is imported and it looks just fine in the BIN. Using the Assembly layout, I double click on the video which naturally transfers over to the screen (on left side). This is where the video appears washed out.

If I start a new project and import the video footage, all the clips in the BIN show the thumbnail images washed out straight away.

Thank you please help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 23, 2022 Feb 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Tony,

I am experiencing exactly the same issue. Did you ever resolve it?

Thanks, JP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 23, 2022 Feb 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is covered in about 100 threads recently ... not kidding at all.

They completely rebuilt the underlying color system, Prior to Pr2022, Pr was a total Rec.709 app, with "the ability to work with HLG and PQ data by using over-range Rec.709 values ... " as a way to cadge in some HDR capabilities.

Pr2022 is a color space/dynamic range agnostic app, works with either Rec. 709 or HLG/PQ HDR forms natively.

And some default behaviors changed. Some files that are HLG for instance, were displayed on  timelines as Rec.709 unless you specified you wanted it in HDR. It's the other way around now, HLG files will be displayed as HDR unless you go to the bin, right-click the media, Mofidy/Interpret Footage, and select Override to Rec.709.

I've got a couple FAQs of what changed, how to work within the new system, and what's broken, along with another on how to monitor in HDR in Pr2022 if you want to.

Neil

FAQ:PremierePro 2022 Color Management for Log/RAW Media

How to Set Monitors for HDR work in Premiere Pro 2022?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines