• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Importing wav files, bin shows incorrect Time Display Format

Community Beginner ,
Mar 11, 2021 Mar 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I moved to a new computer and there must be a setting that I've forgotten how to change...

My sequence and primary source have a framerate of 23.976fps.  In my bin, the Media Duration displays like this-  00:24:16:13

But when I import a wav file, the Media Duration for the wav file displays like this-  00:24:02:05152

I need to manually go in and Modify --> Timecode --> Time Display Format and change the setting from "Use Default Time Display" to  "23.976 fps Timecode".  Then the Media Duration for the wav displays like I want -  00:24:16:13

Is there a way so it displays the format I want automatically, so I don't have to change it after every wav I import?  Thanks!

TOPICS
Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 11, 2021 Mar 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In recent builds audio files have been shown as such (audio units).

If you drop the audio file in the Source Monitor you can read it as in timecode.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 29, 2021 Mar 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have this same problem with EVERY .mp4 (audio or video) imported into my projects. The default Time Display Format must be changed from "Use Default Time Display" to 59.94 fps Drop Frame Timecode to get accurate timecode. This doesn’t sound like a feature....it sounds like a bug

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines