• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

In Project Panel: How to make list view default on open of project?

Community Beginner ,
Jun 06, 2017 Jun 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

An odd thing is happening to my projects since upgrading to Premiere Pro 2017: the project panel always displays in Icon view. In previous versions, it would keep the last view you had of the Project Panel. As I prefer list view because it's less clicks and can display the entire contents of folders and sub folders, it would be nice to have this back to previous behavior (either set as a preference or remembering it after changing it). It's a small thing, but I find I'm doing it every time and it's not making my use of the program better than what it was, so wanted to see if I was missing something and there was a preference setting I could set to keep it in list view.

Thanks all.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 08, 2019 Apr 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Figured this out a few minutes ago:

1. Make sure you've clicked List View at the bottom of the Project Panel.
  2. Navigate the menu along the top: under Window > Workspaces > Save Changes to This Workspace.

Next time you open the app, the List View will be the default!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 08, 2019 Apr 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you close the project on list view, the next time you open the project it will be in list view.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 24, 2021 May 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you ever figure this out? I know the suggestions in this thread seem like the right answer however what you and I are having seems like bugs.  No matter what I do the view always opens up as icon view.  Minor annoyance but I'd like to fix this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 21, 2021 Sep 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No matter what I do mine will never remember list view either. Started about a month ago!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 01, 2021 Nov 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Saaaaaame. I've had this issue for a while. Annoying for sure

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 10, 2022 Jan 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you guys find any fix for this..then please let me know...iam also facing this problem 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 02, 2021 Dec 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 21, 2022 Jan 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ditto

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 23, 2022 Jan 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same. Nothing worked. It's quite a nuisance. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 17, 2022 Oct 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Same issue in the latest version. I use productions almost exclusively and every time I open a project its in icon view. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines