Inconsistency in capture panel

Explorer ,
Apr 11, 2021 Apr 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why is it that the picture in the capture panel sometimes shows and sometimes doesn't? I have captured film from a VHS-recorder/player through firewire for many years now. I don't recall there was any problem initially and I can't recall when the problem arose. I have recently started capture 8mm film from a scanner also by the aid of firewire and both machines are connected to the same card in my computer with separate cables and with separate entrances to the card. I have tried different sequences when starting up like PP first and tape player or scanner thereafter or reversed. The problem arises at start-up, that is, if I get a picture from the tape player or the scanner it stays as long as the system is running. Once when I couldn't get a picture from the scanner I put a tape in the VHS-player and tie picture showed up. Then I changed to the scanner input and got a picture from that as well but that may have been just an coincidence becaus I have not been able to reproduce that workflow. Although the picture doesn't show up the capture function works all right and the clip turns up in the project panel. I can see what I capture by watching a monitor beside my computer screen but is not an ideal way for me to work.

I haven't changed any basic setups and drivers are updated.

Anyone got any suggestions?

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Haven't done a great deal of capturing in premiere, but have done a few large jobs in the last few months and doing one now.  Never seen this behavior.   Please tell us your system specs: OS version, Premiere version, amount of RAM, Hardware specs including graphics card and whatever card you're referring to.  

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi mgrenadier,

This is what I use:

Windows 10 pro 64 bit

Processor AMD Ryzen 7 2700x Eight Core 

RAM 32 GB

NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1050 Ti

Texas instruments 1394 OHCI compliant host controller

PP 2021 

Monitor Eizo Color Edge

Flashscan 8 outputs 720x576 lines with 25 f/s and 25 Mbit/s on IEE 1394 (Firewire)

JVC SR-VS30E professional miniDV / Super VHS video casette recorder

Peter

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines