• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Inconsistent Audio Playback Volume

Community Beginner ,
Oct 14, 2017 Oct 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm editing a project in Premiere Pro CC, and the audio volume during playback is consistently inconsistent.  Sometimes it sounds very low, and sometimes it's so loud that I can hear blown out room noise in the background.  Other times, parts of it sound correct, and then other clips, music tracks, or sound effects are very low or even missing.  Sometimes, if the system is left on overnight, there is no audio playback at all, and Premiere needs to be restarted.

This is unacceptable.  I need to know what my final audio sounds like so that I don't unwittingly send terrible masters to clients.  Any idea what's happening, or how to solve it?

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried rendering the audio on the timeline?

Have you tried deleting the preview files?

Does it happen with other applications?

Does it happen if you use a headset or other speakers?

Have you tried updating or rolling back the audio driver?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply.  Yes, I've tried rendering everything.  I don't know if it happens with other applications.  Premiere Pro CC is the only application I use with sound on this system.  I have not tried headphones.  I'm using a 4k TV as my monitor, and using it's built-in speakers for audio.  I would think this might be the problem, but I just replaced my monitor, and the audio issue is still there.  How do you update an audio driver?  Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi SplashVP - Check out this article to troubleshoot, there is also info there on how to update an audio driver if it comes to that: No sound during playback No sound during playback

Hope that helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SplashVP  wrote

I don't know if it happens with other applications. 

Try playing an audio file in a media player.

SplashVP  wrote

I have not tried headphones.

Try them or another set of speakers.

SplashVP  wrote

How do you update an audio driver?

Have a look here:

https://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch000503.htm

https://www.google.com/search?q=updating+or+rolling+back+the+audio+driver&oq=updating+or+rolling+bac...

https://www.google.com/search?q=updating+or+rolling+back+the+audio+driver&oq=updating+or+rolling+bac...

https://www.computerhope.com/drivers/sound.htm

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 15, 2017 Oct 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using a 4k TV as my monitor, and using it's built-in speakers for audio.

I recommend against that.  TV speakers just aren't very good.

Get yourself a pair of nearfield monitors and connect them to the computer's digital or analog audio outputs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 30, 2018 Aug 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having this same issue with audio inconsistencies. I'm using a MBP and high-quality Beats headphones. The problem happens with & without the headphones. It's not the speakers/headphones. The problem is with Premiere Pro.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 23, 2020 Nov 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

11/23/2020 

This is still a problem

[reply edited by moderator] 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 05, 2024 Feb 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Same problem here, years later. It wasn't until the last one or two Premiere versions (I'm currently on 24.1 on my M1 Max MBP), but now my playback volume skyrockets after playing 5-15 seconds of my timeline. Very maddening.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 09, 2020 Dec 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having this same issue. When I boot up Premiere for the first time, the audio in the timeline usually plays fine. The problem arises as soon as I listen to a sound effect in my source monitor and pull it into my timeline. All of my audio suddenly becomes very soft (even when my computer volume is max and my audio levels are peaking). 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines