• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Infamous Lumetri error (AEVideofilter: 11)

Community Beginner ,
May 14, 2021 May 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!
I have installed custom LUT's inside Premiere. 

(/Users/<user_name>/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Common/LUTs/Creative)
Whenever I want to browse the luts inside the creative tab, it lets me browse about 5 LUTs before the whole program freezes due to the "AEvideofilter 11" error. 

It would be really nice to be able to use Lumetri without the fear of crashing the whole program and having to save my project every 2 minutes. 

I also think that an editing software should be able to let me color grade my footage with custom LUTs. It's one of the key features in my opinion.

I know the solution is that I should never add custom LUTs to Premiere, and even if I really wanted to do so, I should use the "browse..." drop-down menu to browse looks one at a time.

To be honest, I really think the Lumetri LUT preview panel is much more convenient as it let's me browse different looks faster and shows a preview of the look before applying it.

Here is a quick video showing the problem, I also noticed that the selection resets after picking a LUT and I have to start browsing from the start. 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/92ypf1pnhik497p/AeVideoFilter11.mp4?dl=0 

This error has persisted for about 4 years, regardless of the computer I am working with. Maybe it would be time to upgrade the whole Lumetri panel? I know it would have been already fixed if it were easy, there must be a good reason why the whole color grading/correcting process is unreliable till this day.

Is it really so that the only way to prevent Lumetri from crashing is to use the default LUTs? 

I am really looking forward to the day Adobe upgrades the Lumetri plugin, it would be one of the best days of my short miserable life.

Here are my specs if it helps!

Macbook Pro 16" 2019

2,4 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9

32 GB 2667 MHz DDR4

AMD Radeon Pro 5500M 8gb

1tb SSD

TOPICS
Crash , Editing , Effects and Titles , Error or problem , Freeze or hang , Performance , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 14, 2021 May 14, 2021

Hi Tuomas,

We have a bug filed for this specific issue. I'll add this post to the report. I hope we can get this fixed in short order. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Regards,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Which company made the LUTs, Tuomas?? 

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,
It really doesn't matter where the LUTs are from, its just generally all 3rd party looks that cause the error.
I don't remember where I bought these luts shown in the video, but most of my looks are from here:
https://luts.iwltbap.com/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Tuomas,

Thanks again for the info. I was able to test out some .CUBE LUTs and was able to reproduce your error. I'll write up a bug right now. I will let you know if I find out anything further as I find out more info. I apologize for this behavior and will see if I can find a workaround for you. 

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kevin,

You were testing this on a Mac I assume ... wonder if it's OS agnostic or specific?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, it's not. This error appears to be happening with browsing Lumetri, use of Scopes, and Morph Cut.

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ahh ... yea, I don't do much with morph cut, so I wouldn't see this. Thanks for the work, Kevin.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Tuomas,

We have a bug filed for this specific issue. I'll add this post to the report. I hope we can get this fixed in short order. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Regards,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 15, 2021 May 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!
Thank you for your time and effort, I hope this will be fixed soon! 
Best wishes,
Tuomas

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 20, 2021 Oct 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using PP2021, I just experienced the exception: Lumetri Color (AEVideoFilter: 11) and I'm NOT using any custom LUTS. It happened toward the end of a long video; 1hr47m, Multicam 4Ks shot with GoPro 9s and audio recorded with a Tascam 4track audio recorder.

PP Version: 15.4.1 Build 6

Machine Specs

i9-32GB RAM, 31.7 Usable

Video card: Nvidia Quadro RTX 4000

8TB hard disk with about 6.5TB free.

I've got about 4 days of work into this video...please tell me I'm not going to loose it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I attempt to render, I get the following displayed:

sports_shooter_99_0-1634763988668.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What can I do to get around this to render the video?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What's going on at that timecode?

At times one needs to dump the cache and then rebuild the section listed. That might possibly be the fix.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi M_P,

How frustrating! Sorry about that. I think I decipthered that dialog box for you. I hope so, anyway!

@PosadaPhotography wrote:

When I attempt to render, I get the following displayed:

Error Code 4 means: "Out of Disk Space."

@PosadaPhotography wrote:

8TB hard disk with about 6.5TB free.

Curious.

The error dialog box says that MPEG Preview is the Importer error. Video Previews do have a separate scratch disk setting and may have a different destination than where you are exporting. Your filepath indicates that you are "out of disk space" (Error Code 4) in a OneDrive folder, which appears to be on your "C" drive. Could that be what your Scratch Disk preference could be pointing to? 

My guess is that your C drive is out of disk space because you have too many render files there. Could that be the case? This might be causing a number of issues for both Premiere Pro and your system in general.

Potential Solution: You could either use the Project Manager to move these files or you can delete these files on your C drive. You can also delete video preview files in the Sequence menu.

Either way, after you remove the video preview files off the C drive, reset the scratch disk preferences to your 8TB drive, and then render anything further you wish to preview. If you used Project Manager, hopefully, your existing video preview files should still be working. You should then be able to render previews for the rest of your sequence.

Hope the advice works for you. Let us know what works out.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kevin. For a start, I redirected my scratch and preview disks to my 8TB D: drive, saved, shut down PP and restarted it. I attempted Render and this time it seem to be working. If this addresses the issue (I'll know in a couple of hours), I'll clean up the rest of the stuff you suggested. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That's a D drive...the above response turned it into a smiley face.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've seen other users post about this, and it would be frustrating. You're not alone, but then, there's not a huge amount of users (relative numbers) with the problem.

For me, running on my Win10 desktops and laptop, I only had this in one build around a year ago, in the 14.x build series. I can't replicate now, as I can scroll through and try any number without any issues. And I tend to hammer Lumetri pretty hard.

So ... why on some machines and not others? Wish I knew the answer.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue doesn't occur with any of the LUTs you use, Neil? 

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 15, 2021 May 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, I'm all 'clean', Kevin.

And I've got LUTs from I made in SpeedGrade, that I've made in Lumetri, that I've made in Resolve, and a few I've copied out of Resolve.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Tuomas,

Sorry, man. I'm not a dev, I'm in support, but I do edit in my spare time and used to be a freelancer before Adobe.

My experience is that certain of LUTs don't work well with Lumetri. I can't recall if it's the format or the complexity of the LUT, but I think that they just "didn't work." They didn't throw a warning to my recollection, though. Let me try to reproduce this. 

Thank You,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 17, 2021 Jun 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been suffering from the exact same problem, in fact, my computer specs are the exact same besides an extra tb SSD. It's comforting to see this problem get attention and be properly written up as a bug. Let's hope it gets fixed and Lumetri gets upgraded soon!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 28, 2021 Jul 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the bane of my existence right now. I use a windows pc and premiere 15.4.0. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 28, 2021 Jul 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using custom LUTs and getting that error code?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 30, 2021 Jul 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yh, that's precisely the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 30, 2021 Jul 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where did you get the LUTs from?

And ... where did you park them on your computer, I hope not in the program/package folder with the program-included ones.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines