I have installed custom LUT's inside Premiere.
Whenever I want to browse the luts inside the creative tab, it lets me browse about 5 LUTs before the whole program freezes due to the "AEvideofilter 11" error.
It would be really nice to be able to use Lumetri without the fear of crashing the whole program and having to save my project every 2 minutes.
I also think that an editing software should be able to let me color grade my footage with custom LUTs. It's one of the key features in my opinion.
I know the solution is that I should never add custom LUTs to Premiere, and even if I really wanted to do so, I should use the "browse..." drop-down menu to browse looks one at a time.
To be honest, I really think the Lumetri LUT preview panel is much more convenient as it let's me browse different looks faster and shows a preview of the look before applying it.
Here is a quick video showing the problem, I also noticed that the selection resets after picking a LUT and I have to start browsing from the start.
This error has persisted for about 4 years, regardless of the computer I am working with. Maybe it would be time to upgrade the whole Lumetri panel? I know it would have been already fixed if it were easy, there must be a good reason why the whole color grading/correcting process is unreliable till this day.
Is it really so that the only way to prevent Lumetri from crashing is to use the default LUTs?
I am really looking forward to the day Adobe upgrades the Lumetri plugin, it would be one of the best days of my short miserable life.
Here are my specs if it helps!
Macbook Pro 16" 2019
2,4 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9
32 GB 2667 MHz DDR4
AMD Radeon Pro 5500M 8gb
Which company made the LUTs, Tuomas??
It really doesn't matter where the LUTs are from, its just generally all 3rd party looks that cause the error.
I don't remember where I bought these luts shown in the video, but most of my looks are from here:
Thanks again for the info. I was able to test out some .CUBE LUTs and was able to reproduce your error. I'll write up a bug right now. I will let you know if I find out anything further as I find out more info. I apologize for this behavior and will see if I can find a workaround for you.
You were testing this on a Mac I assume ... wonder if it's OS agnostic or specific?
No, it's not. This error appears to be happening with browsing Lumetri, use of Scopes, and Morph Cut.
Ahh ... yea, I don't do much with morph cut, so I wouldn't see this. Thanks for the work, Kevin.
We have a bug filed for this specific issue. I'll add this post to the report. I hope we can get this fixed in short order. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Thank you for your time and effort, I hope this will be fixed soon!
I've seen other users post about this, and it would be frustrating. You're not alone, but then, there's not a huge amount of users (relative numbers) with the problem.
For me, running on my Win10 desktops and laptop, I only had this in one build around a year ago, in the 14.x build series. I can't replicate now, as I can scroll through and try any number without any issues. And I tend to hammer Lumetri pretty hard.
So ... why on some machines and not others? Wish I knew the answer.
This issue doesn't occur with any of the LUTs you use, Neil?
No, I'm all 'clean', Kevin.
And I've got LUTs from I made in SpeedGrade, that I've made in Lumetri, that I've made in Resolve, and a few I've copied out of Resolve.
Sorry, man. I'm not a dev, I'm in support, but I do edit in my spare time and used to be a freelancer before Adobe.
My experience is that certain of LUTs don't work well with Lumetri. I can't recall if it's the format or the complexity of the LUT, but I think that they just "didn't work." They didn't throw a warning to my recollection, though. Let me try to reproduce this.
I have been suffering from the exact same problem, in fact, my computer specs are the exact same besides an extra tb SSD. It's comforting to see this problem get attention and be properly written up as a bug. Let's hope it gets fixed and Lumetri gets upgraded soon!