• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Ingest Copy changes audio channels mapping

Participant ,
Feb 04, 2021 Feb 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I Ingest via the Media Browser I choose Copy and Create Proxies, sometimes the audio mapping of clips change from 4 Channel mapped to 4 mono (wich are the source clips) to 4 Channel mapped to 4 Adaptive.
I use ProRes Low Res Proxy settings and juste copy somewhere on my local drives.

Am I the only one experiencing this?

Thanks, JP.

Premiere Pro 14.8
iMac Pro (2017)
Catalina 10.15.7

TOPICS
Audio , Error or problem , Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Feb 04, 2021 Feb 04, 2021

For Premiere in general, that is set in the Preferences dialog ... Timeline section. For a particular proxy preset, that can be in the preset itself.

If you leave the Timeline preferences audio options to "use file", Premiere will take a guess as to what you should have. If you set specific options, it will follow your suggestions. I would try setting the Mono option to "Mono" rather than "use file". See if that fixes things on the next ingestion.

Also ... you'd need to check what that proxy

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Feb 04, 2021 Feb 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For Premiere in general, that is set in the Preferences dialog ... Timeline section. For a particular proxy preset, that can be in the preset itself.

If you leave the Timeline preferences audio options to "use file", Premiere will take a guess as to what you should have. If you set specific options, it will follow your suggestions. I would try setting the Mono option to "Mono" rather than "use file". See if that fixes things on the next ingestion.

Also ... you'd need to check what that proxy preset is doing for audio files.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 17, 2021 Feb 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The same thing happened in my environment.
MacPro(2013)
Mojave(10.14.6)
PremierePro2020(14.8)

iMacPro(2019)
Mojave(10.14.6)
PremierePro2020(14.8 or 14.6)

MacBook Pro
Mojave(10.14.6)
PremierePro2020(14.9)

4K material to Proxy(ProRes422HQ_4chMONO)
converted to Proxy(ProRes422HQ_4chMONO).
If you hover over the clip, you will see that it is in Adaptive mode, and that it has been converted to Proxy mode.
When I try to add it to the sequence, I get 8 tracks of audio.
The A9 track is added to the 8 track audio track and is treated as adaptive.

If you change the audio channel from the browser screen to
If you change the audio channel from the browser screen to mono 8ch, the audio level meter will change to
If you change the audio channel to mono 8ch from the browser screen, the audio level meter will either stick to the top with no swing, or the meter will become restless.
Also, even if you can add material to a sequence, the
If I could add material to a sequence, the Proxy would only output 1 channel of sound.

This symptom is not observed in Premiere 2019.
Personally, I think this is a bug that 2020 has.

(Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version))

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 17, 2021 Feb 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The timeline item in the preferences is
All timeline items in the preferences are done in mono.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines