• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Inserting causes the video quality to drop

Community Beginner ,
May 23, 2021 May 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Across multiple projects, I've been having trouble with getting the video quality right. The video will appear crystal clear in the edit window, but the moment that I put it on the timeline, it zooms in and gets really blurry. I've figured out how to fix the zoom (set to frame scale), but it still looks awful compared to the original.

For reference, the editing window:

Kameron5E90_0-1621806415567.png

The timeline window:

Kameron5E90_1-1621806447500.png

This quality issue translates to the export as well. I know it's not the camera since my other project is of a still, digital drawing. I've tried moving the clip into the timeline in every way I can (insert, drag and drop, ect.) and manipulating it to the best of my ability. Any suggestions?

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem , Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 23, 2021 May 23, 2021

Did you mean to make your sequence so small and your framerate so low? Something seems odd in your settings. I think you should try to make a sequence that matches your footage, after that if you need to output at such a low res and framerate, then do that in the export?

What happens if you drag the footage onto the timeline area if there is nothing there? So it makes it's own sequence?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What are the media properties, sequence settings, and export settings?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kameron5E90_0-1621814179412.png

Editing window (left) and timeline media properties (right)

Kameron5E90_1-1621814256254.png

Sequence Settings

Kameron5E90_2-1621814303339.png

Export Settings

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you mean to make your sequence so small and your framerate so low? Something seems odd in your settings. I think you should try to make a sequence that matches your footage, after that if you need to output at such a low res and framerate, then do that in the export?

What happens if you drag the footage onto the timeline area if there is nothing there? So it makes it's own sequence?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you, I hadn't realized there were sequence settings in the first place!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines