• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Inserting still image into video sequence bumps video but not audio. How to?

New Here ,
Feb 20, 2021 Feb 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello and thanks in advance.  Trying to insert still images (jpegs) into the middle of a video with an audio track.  After inserting, the video is 'bumped' forward to make room for the image, but the audio track doesn't also get moved forward, so I've got audio playing over the still image.  Is there a way to move both the audio and video forward to make room for the image I'm trying to add in?  Thanks!

See the images showing the file I'm trying to add in and the resulting view of the video after.

TOPICS
Editing , How to , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 20, 2021 Feb 20, 2021

Two things. 1) You didn't say how you were doing it. 2, you need to imbed the pictures into the thread:image.png

OK, Three: If you put your time indicator in the timeline to where you want the edit, and you highlight the picture in the project and press comma "," you will insert and it will create the gap. If you use "." it will overwrite like you are seeing. If you are dragging and dropping hold ctrl when you drop.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Two things. 1) You didn't say how you were doing it. 2, you need to imbed the pictures into the thread:image.png

OK, Three: If you put your time indicator in the timeline to where you want the edit, and you highlight the picture in the project and press comma "," you will insert and it will create the gap. If you use "." it will overwrite like you are seeing. If you are dragging and dropping hold ctrl when you drop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Capture1.JPGCapture2.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think the "," was what I was looking for, added the image in and created the gap.  Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines