Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Instability Adobe Premiere

Community Beginner ,
Jul 06, 2021 Jul 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Adobe team,

here I am sitting again, under time pressure for a project that I have to finish under a tight deadline and once again, Adobe Premiere crashes and crashes and crashes.

It's a shame that you don't fix all your bugs for years and years and it's a shame that you don't react to critique or feedback that is being sent to you.

Editing with Adobe Premiere is like using an instable Beta version and a lot of colleagues just are fighting over the same problems and are just mad about you ignoring the troubles and flawas this software has accumulated over the years.

I love Premiere for its design and its concept, but I just can't keep using this present shi#** version of a product in my tight everyday production workflow any more. I should send you invoices for the hours and worked-through nights of troubleshooting.

Please get to work and fix this software, it's just an awful shame!

Best

Phil Glauner

(Editor)

TOPICS
Crash , Editing , Error or problem , Freeze or hang , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Phil,

We all understand what a rip it is when that happens ... been there done that. Full sympathies! There's been a couple releases of PrPro over the years that had me screaming for blood. Until I was finally able to either revert a dot-upgrade or figure out what ailed my system.

However, on my system the current shipping version and even the current public beta are very stable. As they are for so many people. So trying to figure out if there is something interfering with stability for PrPro on your system is worthwhile.

I don't know how much you've been down the potential rabbit hole of system troubleshooting as covered in John's post. But I've "known" enough users that have struggled with this and finally got their rig working decently. Which was a wondrous event.

There's also been some who went through troubleshooting quite thoroughly and PrPro simply wasn't gonna work on their system for whatever reason. And at that point, well ... these are all simply tools. Fancy hammers. For getting work out to the nice clients what pays your bills, you gotta use whatever fancy hammer actually works.

That said ... I'm a contributing author over at MixingLight, and as a colorist's group they are mainly Resolve based, with some Baselight and Avid also. So I must be conversant in working with Resolve, including both using and visiting Resolve forums.

And at the moment, there are plenty of Resolve users with stability, lag, and bug complaints also. Again, as with PrPro, the majority of Resolve users are simply working. But there are a fair number of users with similar types of problems as plague some PrPro users.

I think these complex, complicated apps coupled with what the users demand of them, types of effects used and all ... simply is more prone to troubles for at least some subset of users.

Posting your computer specs, your media, effects, and any third-party plugins in use could help the experienced peers around here suggest something to get you going. Might be worth a shot.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines