• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Install Premiere Pro 1.5 on windows 10 Pro

New Here ,
Mar 15, 2017 Mar 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to install Premiere Pro 1.5 on windows 10 Pro.

Installation gets to installing DirectX 9b and errors out with error 0x80040703, Description failed to find DLL function: DSETUP.DirectXSetupA. The install then terminates. Any suggestions?

Cliff

[Moved from non-technical Lounge Forum to specific Program forum... Mod]

[Here is the list of all Adobe forums... https://forums.adobe.com/welcome]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do the system requirements say?  I didn't find the Adobe page, but there are specs here

Adobe Premiere Pro 1.5 Specs - CNET

There is a user on the Photoshop forum who is good with old versions and operating systems.

R_Kelly

Just wondering what you hope to be editing 1.5?   I was saying just a couple of days ago, that were you can mostly get away with older versions of Photoshop, that tens not to be the case with Premiere Pro because of supported CODECs.  Before CC, every time I updated PremPro was because I was forced to because my old version wouldn't work with a new video camera.

You might be able to convert with an app like Handbrake though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CS2 + Acrobat 7 + Audition 3 (AND EARLIER) Activation Server is gone, so read below

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/cs2-product-downloads.html?promoid=19SCDRQK

You MUST use the special version and serial number on the page, not your original disc or serial number

An idea that MAY work to install and/or run old programs in Windows 10... works for some, not for others

-RIGHT click the program icon or EXE and select a compatibility mode in the pop up option window

-or Run as Administrator http://forums.adobe.com/thread/969395 to assign FULL Windows permissions may help... says Encore, but sometimes required for ALL Adobe programs (this is NOT the same as using an Administrator account)

NOTE - Win10 anniversary update version 1607 has caused MAJOR problems with old programs, so the above may not work

-Notice http://www.computerworld.com/article/3157369/windows-pcs/new-windows-10-build-is-a-monster-update.ht...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 03, 2017 Apr 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have same issue with PPRO 1.5 and Win 10 but the Adobe agent in a chat yesterday said no help available for old versions. She directed me to a free download of PRO CS2 which I installed and didn't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 20, 2019 Jun 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was able to install and run it by killing the installer after it encounters the DirectX error. DirectX9 (on the Premiere 1.5 CD) is super old and very incompatible with Windows 10, but modern Windows ship with much newer DirectX that is (mostly) backward compatible. If you click OK after it encounters the DirectX error, InstallShield automatically rolls back the installation.

Run the Premiere installer, enter registration info. Allow the program to install.

The error "0x80040703, Description failed to find DLL function: DSETUP.DirectXSetupA" will be displayed. Without clicking OK, go to Windows Task Manager, pick the InstallShield process and End Task.

Next problem is that if you simply click it in the Start menu, it will show an error about not having enough permissions to run. To get around that, go to C:\Program Files\Adobe\Premiere Pro 1.5, right-click Adobe Premiere Pro.exe and click Run As Administrator.

As mentioned above, the activation server no longer exists, so either use it with 30 day trial, or find a way to activate with some other code (using the "via phone" option).

Another thing to consider is that Premiere 1.5 pre-dates a lot of video formats and codecs that exist today, so you may find that the file formats it can work with are somewhat limited.

Good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 20, 2020 Sep 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bonjour,

Merci j'ai pu installer Adobe Premier Pro 1.5 sur Windows 10

Maintenant quand je lance le programme j'ai ce message :

Erreur de démarrage d'Adobe Premier Pro

Adobe Premiere Pro ne parvient à charger aucun pilote audio. Réinstallez Adobe Premier Pro, puis recommencer.

Pouvez vous m'aider SVP

Merci beaucoup,

Bruno

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 20, 2020 Sep 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

C'est bon j'ai pu lancer Adobe Premiere, il fallait juste brancher des enceintes ...

Amicalement,

Bruno

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 12, 2020 Nov 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bonjour,

Je voudrais installer la mise a jour Premiere Pro 1.5.1 pour faire du montage HDV

Quand je lance l'installation il me dit ceci : Impossible de trouver Premier Pro 1.5 dans C:\Program Files\Adobe\Premier Pro 1.5 Tryou\

Cordialement,

Bruno

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 22, 2021 Jul 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Muito bom, deu certo.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines