Installed font (Conglomerate Medium) automatically replaced by another font in Premiere Pro (PP)

New Here ,
Jan 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an intermittent issue with an installed font being dropped from PP files. Although currently up to date with v.14.8, PP has presented this problem over many updates during the past couple years. It just happened now (again), and I'd like to understand why this happens and what I can do to stop it!

Conglomerate Medium is the typeface I use for a project that I need to frequently update, but from time to time, this font automatically reverts to something else. When this happens, I confirm that the font is active in my account across the Adobe Creative Cloud. I deactivate and then activate a number of times, until PP finally recognizes the Conglomerate family of fonts. I never sign out of Creative Cloud, and Conglomerate fonts always show as "Active" when I check. Why do that fail to appear as an available font in PP and get dropped? Very frustrating, because a dropped font affects all the views within my project panel and show a typeface that I never selected nor want.

I can't see this as a problem for others in this community, so I seriously suspect operator error. Help!

TOPICS
Editing, Effects and Titles

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
quakeup AUTHOR
New Here ,
Jan 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I get support for this recurring issue?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
quakeup AUTHOR
New Here ,
Jan 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
quakeup AUTHOR LATEST
New Here ,
Jan 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe tech suggested that I "pause" Creative Cloud synching, reboot PC and restart Premiere Pro. This suggestion worked. Don't know why synching got in the way, because I never fiddle with synching. But that's one possible fix if anyone else experiences this problem. Hopefully, this doesn't keep on coming up for me! 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines