Installed the latest update but ended up with not being able to use the application...

New Here ,
Mar 04, 2021 Mar 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

01.JPG

Installed the latest udpate a few days ago and when I started the application it looked like this...

Then I started to click all the grey area where the windows should be, the timeline and the effect control panel can be seen while others remained invisible.

And the visible windows, aka the timeline and the effect control panel, are not clickable.

I tried to uninstall and re-install the app but the problem remains.

My laptop is not an old model but a new high-performance gaming laptop released last year. So I find it less likely to be a hardware issue.

Anyone has the same issue? Thanks!

TOPICS
Error or problem, Freeze or hang, User interface or workspaces

Views

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct Answer

Adobe Community Professional , Mar 04, 2021 Mar 04, 2021
Couple of things to try.  Reset your preferences. See if that resolves the issue. If not - see if you can open a brand new Premiere Pro project and if it that opens normally All windows displayed correctly etc. If it does - then try opening your previous project. If that does not work create another new Premiere Pro Project and 'import' your original project into the new project. Clearing your caches may also help.     

translate

Translate

Translate
Adobe Community Professional ,
Mar 04, 2021 Mar 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Couple of things to try. 

Reset your preferences. See if that resolves the issue.

If not - see if you can open a brand new Premiere Pro project and if it that opens normally All windows displayed correctly etc.

If it does - then try opening your previous project.

If that does not work create another new Premiere Pro Project and 'import' your original project into the new project.

Clearing your caches may also help. 

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 05, 2021 Mar 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your advice!

After trying the given options, I created a new project and import the original one so as to save the works. Thank God it workd!

The issue remained on the original file even after the moves you've suggested. I think I will just let it go and move on and hoping it won't happen again...

Truly appreciate your help! 

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines