• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Insufficient media error / repeated frame after creating After Effect compostion from Premiere Pro

Explorer ,
Feb 02, 2021 Feb 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Here is my case. I want to upscale 2 clips using the upscale effect from After Effects. To do so I replace each individual clips in Premiere Pro with an After Effects composition and use the upscale effect. Once I am back in Premiere Pro I "render and replace"each clips. The issue is that I would like to use a film dissolve transition between the 2 newly upscaled clips. I then get an error saying their is insufficient media and that frames will be repeated.

I understand the problem, but is there a way to tell Premiere Pro to export the clip and "some extra frames" to After Effects when creating the composition so that when I got back to Premiere Pro after adding the upscale effect I have "enough" media to perform the transition?

How to you solve this in practice?

Thanks in advance.

TOPICS
Editing , Effects and Titles

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 02, 2021 Feb 02, 2021

Copy / paste clip over original and extend (butt and head) to make handles, then replace with AE comp.

Back in Pr. Render and Replace. Trim back the socalled handles: add transition.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Copy / paste clip over original and extend (butt and head) to make handles, then replace with AE comp.

Back in Pr. Render and Replace. Trim back the socalled handles: add transition.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks @Ann Bens! I figured it out and used the same method as you mentioned at the end. Was just wondering if there was a simpler way to do it without having to extend first and then trim back but it doesn't look like it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I find the copy/paste superimposed a good workflow for me because if i dont like it after a while I still have the 'orignal clip' in the timeline.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines