• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Intel driver conflict causes display failure

Community Beginner ,
Jan 05, 2021 Jan 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have major problems as a result of the Intel graphics driver conflict issue. My onboard Intel graphics (HD 4600) has the latest possible driver installed, but cannot be upgraded to Adobe's new recommended minimum. The system is actually using an Nvidia graphics card. 

Now, any attempt to use Premiere results in the graphics cutting out completely. The only way I can use the system again is to reboot. I have reinstalled Premiere to no avail. No other program has any problem whatsoever - the system is otherwise functioning at a very good level.

This is a relatively recent problem - until the most recent Premiere upgrade the program was functioning perfectly well.

It seems that I will not be able to use Premiere again unless I purchase a whole new system. Is there some way I could perhaps revert to an earlier version of the program?

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like we are having similar issues. I'm pretty sure there is some sort of bug with Pr, I have an Intel system with a 2080 super and that is one of the headaches I'm having. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. I really hope we can get some help on this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use BIOS https://community.adobe.com/t5/Premiere-Pro/quot-could-not-find-any-capable-video-play-modules-quot-... to select a display adapter and turn the one you don't want OFF

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 07, 2021 Jan 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thankyou for this. I disabled the Intel graphics in the BIOS. Now Premiere does not notify a driver problem on loading.

Unfortunately, however, I still have the same problem of graphics failing when I try to use Premiere. As before, there is no other problem with the system.

Perhaps I should reinstall Premiere again, now that the initial issue has been dealt with …

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 12, 2021 Jan 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have now reinstalled Premiere Pro again, updated Windows 10 in every respect, updated the Nvidia graphics driver, and deleted all Premiere's cache files. Premiere still crashes the entire system graphics as soon as I try to use it.

Is it possible to go back to an earlier version of the program?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 13, 2021 Jan 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok!

Yesterday's upgrade of Premiere Pro seems to have fixed the problem of the graphics crash.

Thank goodness for that!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 14, 2021 Jan 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, it seems that changing the setting in

File\Project Settings\Video Rendering and Playback\Renderer

to 'Mercury Playback Engine Software Only'

may be the factor that has solved the problem of graphics failure.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry John,

Try using the Studio Driver, not the gaming driver. That may solve this.

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Kevin,

I have installed the Studio driver for the Nvidia graphics. 

Unfortunately, the problem is the same as before unless I ensure that 'Mercury Playback Engine Software Only' as above is selected.

Anyway, at least I seem to have a fix, which is very gratifying!

John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines