• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Interpret Frame Rate results in scrubbing errors (WITH VIDEO)

Explorer ,
May 16, 2020 May 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all. On files where I change frame rate via "modify/interpret footage" resulting clips have errors while scrubbing on the timeline (skipping back and forth in file). If I simply change the speed via the speed setting on the timeline, the file scrubs fine. Any ideas? I made a video where I tried to show this happening:

https://youtu.be/MjEDyjPbZUg

Windows 10

CC2020 14.1.0

RTX2070 super 442.92 studio driver

TOPICS
Error or problem , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

is there any reason why you can't just change the speed in the timeline rather than using the interpret footage option?  Could you tell us what the source clip properties are and how you're trying to change them using the interpret footage option?

One possibility is that your source clips have a variable frame rate.   Here's a link to a FAQ about screen capture recordings which usually have a vfr.  video recorded on smartphones usually also have a vfr.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/faq-issues-with-screen-recorded-footage-in-premiere-pro/...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply. I like to use the interpret option especially when I shoot 60p and need to playback at 25p. The speed change is a fraction, and I'm not sure I'm gettig it exactly right (I'm using 41.71% slowdown, but not sure it's 100% as good as simply interpreting.

Also, interpreting has been working fine for 10+ years.

The files I noticed the problem were C100 MKII 60p h264 MP4s, but in my test I exported a h264 MP4 with CBR of 25, and it has the same issue. Not sur eif it is limited to MP4 or h264 file sor not. Variable vs. constant bitrate doesn't seem to help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 13, 2020 Sep 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi did you ever get a fix to this. I'm seeing the same thing (i think) from C200 raw files shot at 59.94 and modified to a 23.976 timeline. Whenever i scrub either in the source or Program windows, or on the timeline even, i can get this weird almost interlaced footage of the clip playing back as a 59.94 frame rate and intercutting it with the modified down to 23.976 frame rate of the sequence. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 29, 2020 Sep 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any solution or workaround? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 03, 2021 Apr 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is really annoying and bothers me Adobe hasnt addressed this.  I just upgraded to a new computer.  Forced to use Premiere 2021 and its giving me the same problem.  Ive been using Premiere for 20 years and have never seen this by modifying my frame rate.  I shoot everything at 60p or higher.  This needs to be fixed.  My v31.1 on my laptop doenst have this problem at all.  How can I use that one on this new computer instead??!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 03, 2021 Apr 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry I mean my version 13.1 on my laptop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines