Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Inventor of the lens flare effect

New Here ,
Mar 19, 2021 Mar 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Adobe community, 

I have a bit of strange question. I'm researching a kind of history of the lens flare for a film I'm working on and I'm trying to find out any information on who was involved with designing / implementing the lens flare effect in Premier Pro? It might be an impossible question to answer but where better to ask it than here. I'd love to interview the folks involved with designing the effect. 

All the best,

Carl

TOPICS
Editing , Effects and Titles , Formats , Hardware or GPU

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 23, 2021 Mar 23, 2021

Hi Carl,
Now that's an interesting question!

John KnollJohn KnollThe godfather of the lens flare is John Knoll. He also is one of the big brains behind Photoshop. The two were invented for the productions of the original Star Wars. That info should get you started!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 23, 2021 Mar 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Carl,
Now that's an interesting question!

John KnollJohn KnollThe godfather of the lens flare is John Knoll. He also is one of the big brains behind Photoshop. The two were invented for the productions of the original Star Wars. That info should get you started!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 28, 2021 Mar 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Apologies for teh slow reply. This is a fantastic lead, thanks so much! 

c

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines