• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Inverted color / flipped image (ProRes4444 premult in Premiere with Mac Pro 2019, metal, afterburner

Community Beginner ,
Jul 09, 2021 Jul 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pretty strange effect when viewing in Premiere and Media Encoder. (File is Prores4444 w premultiplied alpha) In premiere if I change the renderer to software ths goes away. GPU is AMD Radeon Pro Vega II 32 GB. THere is a mac Afterburner card installed. So far I see no reason to believe anything is wrong with the files. If I remove the Afterburner card all returns to normal. Also ProRes4444 with straight alpha looks normal.

Screen Shot 2021-07-09 at 8.13.19 AM.png

 

TOPICS
Error or problem , Hardware or GPU

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 16, 2021 Jul 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Danny68,

We're sorry about the poor experience. Please let us know the version of Premiere Pro that you are using. Also, have you made any recent changes like updating the drivers or updating the apps?

Thanks,

Sumeet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 15, 2021 Aug 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sumeet,

I had the same experience.
It seems to occur in the case of pre-multiplied alpha.
Changing the renderer to OpenCL will fix it, but it will be abolished in the future, so I hope it will be fixed so that it can be used with Metal.
I have installed 14.9.1 and 15.2, but both are occurring.

system is below.
PC : MacPro7,1

GPU : Radeon Pro Vega II 32GB + Afterburner
Premiere Version : 14.9.1 & 15.2

Best Regards,
Shun

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 19, 2021 Jul 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere 15.2.0

This happened on a fresh install on a new system so I had never seen the machine behave otherwise.

Update: I noticed the GPU card is not on the list of fully supported GPU's yet, perhaps in the future this issue will be fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Aug 15, 2021 Aug 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm curious what responses and potential answers you'll get. For me, Metal never exports correctly regardless of the Premiere Pro version. I get similar results, and oftentimes green glitches in my exports using Metal, too. I haven't had luck getting responses nor answers on my posts. All that I've found is that OpenCL seems to have a better chance at working correctly. Although, I understand that OpenCL is soon to be deprecated, as noted in Premiere for the past several versions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines