• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Inverted Masks not working well

Community Beginner ,
Dec 04, 2020 Dec 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hey everyone, i'm trying to invert a mask (opacity or fast blur) on this blurred layer but the effect is the same—it's not covering the whole area. you can see that it's only working on an area. any idea how to fix this? hopefully it's riduculously easy that i'm missing. thank you!Screen Shot 2020-12-04 at 11.51.36 PM.png

TOPICS
Editing , Effects and Titles

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 05, 2020 Dec 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you adding the effect to the clip or an adjustment layer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I added it to the clip. I just tried an adjustment layer but it didn't do anything.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do the clips have different aspect ratio?

Is you windows display on your computer set to 100%?

Post screenshot Effect controls and timeline with clip with the mask selected and mask selected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the replies.

The clips are the same (1920x1080). I duplicated the clips with a blur on one of the layers as I'm trying to create a blur around the figure in the image.

I believe the windows display is 100%

Screenshots with mask selected and without (i assume that's what you meant?).

Screen Shot 2020-12-05 at 7.35.41 AM.pngScreen Shot 2020-12-05 at 7.36.10 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure but the anchor point is off.

Also use Gaussian Blur instead.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Re the anchor points, not sure how to fix that. all i did was hit the oval mask and i haven't touched anything yet, which is strange that the mask looks the way it does. I've tried restarting the program but the results are still the same.

I just tried using a gaussian blur instead but the results are also the same. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check the box Uniform Scale under Motion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks ann, i tried that as well. i unchecked Uniform Scale before taking the screenshots. i know, i'm baffled too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well check it again an see if the image will shown normal instead of distored, squased vertically. And as said before the anchor point is incorrect.

And remove all unseen clips op top.

I would delete everything concerning that clip, remove from project, rename, import and start again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

so the only thing that worked is nesting the clip. still seems odd that this is the only way it works on this clip but it's a fix for now i suppose.

ann, what were the anchor points supposed to be? i tried altering them but it didn't do anything.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Press the reset parameter button.

From the Help

By default, a clip anchor point is set at the exact center of a clip. You can change the position of a clip in relation to its frame or motion path, however, by moving the clip anchor point. Further, you can change the location of the clip anchor point over time, allowing the clip to move in relation to its frame or motion path. Animating the clip anchor point can be used, for example, to create an image-panning effect.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I happened to notice you had the "Barn Doors" transition selected in your effects panel. That transition would cause your clip to look like that at a certain point of the transition. Maybe if you used it and then deleted the transition the preview got stuck somehow? I don't know. This is a shot in the dark. Maybe delete your render previews and then redo the effect?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines