iPhone 12 HDR Video Support in PremierPro?

New Here ,
Dec 28, 2020 Dec 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

When I import videos from my iPhone 12 Pro to PremierPro, they look washed out, or overexposed.  As I understand things, this is becuase Dolby HDR is not supported.

Is there a work around I can use to get the color back in my videos?

Also, any idears when Aobe will eventually provide support for Dolby HDR?

TOPICS
Formats, Import

Views

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the 12 pro max. HDR Video looks fine. Not washed out at all in 14.7.

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, just saw your suggestion.  Unfortunatley, I had already tried this and it doesn't appear to be working for me.

I'm not a professional video editor.  I'm just a guy out hiking who wants to share the experience via Vimeo.  So, I was really hoping to export to the H.264 Vimeo settings, but retain the beautiful color I see on the iPhone.

The MXF format one gets following the export options in the article does not appear to be supported on my PC.  

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On your iPhone under Settings->Camera->Record Video are you able to verify HDR Video option is selected, or On?

I also have 14.7 and all vidoes recorded NOT just ON 4K, but ALSO w/ HDR selected all appear washed out, not only in Premeir, but also Windows Media Player, etc.

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just figured out one kind of workaround, although rathery hokey.

I load the video on my iPhone into iMovie.  From there, I make no edits but when I'm saving the new movie I can unselect the HDR option.  Then, transfer the new video from iPhone to my PC and load into Premier. 

Voila, beautiful color is back!

But, I have over 30 videos I would have to do this to.  There's got to be a better way .....   😞

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 28, 2021 Feb 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you resolved the problem? I have a iPhone 12 Pro Max, with the same problems

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines