Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Iphone 12 pro footage colour and png usage

New Here ,
Apr 05, 2021 Apr 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I've filmed all of my footage on HDR on my 12 pro that I can't afford to refilm. 

I've finished editing and try to export it as an mxf to maintain the hdr (i've put it in rec2100 in sequence settings too) and the preview is fine but it messes with the png images i've put in there, turning them a faded gray colour.

I've tried to export it as a normal h.264 as well but that washed out the colour of the whole video but keeps the png colour intact. 

Is there any way i can fix this? Thanks for any help!

TOPICS
Editing , Export , Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try importing the .png files into Photoshop and saving them as .tif or .psd. Replace the .png images with the Ps images in your HDR sequence and see if the high dynamic range is preserved on export.

I recommend a test where a few images are replaced by .psd files and a few remain as .png to see if this solution will actually work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!

Is there any way to save the colour and video quality while exporting to h264? I find the mxf files too large to handle and upload.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried the LUT from adobe but it seems to oversaturate the colours.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Upload where? How do you intend to display your HDR video?

If you intend to upload to YouTube, this web page should be really helpful:

Upload HDR Video to YouTube

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines