• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

iPhone Time Lapse will not encode

Community Beginner ,
Feb 02, 2021 Feb 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an iPhone 12 Time Lapse that I have placed into a video. It previews fine, but it will not encode into a final product. The time lapse portion freezes and does not produce the time lapse. I'm pretty sure the sequence and encoding settings are the issue, but even when I create a sequence from the file, then encode matching the sequences settings, it produces a 98% frozen screen. What am I doing wrong here???

TOPICS
Editing , Export , Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Feb 02, 2021 Feb 02, 2021

Thanks Neil! I did find a solution similar. I ran it through the encoder and converted the .mov file to .mxf. It seems Premiere has an easier time reading the file. I'm not sure "why" this is the case. I have encoded with time-lapses before and never had an issue. No matter the case, it does appear a file conversion is needed for the time being. Thanks for the help!

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If this is recorded as a video file of some kind, it would need to be run through HandBrake  first to convert from VFR to CFR.

But I'm not sure what that phone does.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Neil! I did find a solution similar. I ran it through the encoder and converted the .mov file to .mxf. It seems Premiere has an easier time reading the file. I'm not sure "why" this is the case. I have encoded with time-lapses before and never had an issue. No matter the case, it does appear a file conversion is needed for the time being. Thanks for the help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 10, 2022 May 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey I could really do with your help. My timelapse is still not exporting, I tried to convert to .mxf but that failed aswell. Can you please help?

Much Apperciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 10, 2022 May 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Give us the details on how you captured the timelapse, what your images are for format, color space & so on. As well as what you tried in converting them to mxf ... in other words, a pretty complete summation of your sequence from capture through use on the sequence.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines