• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is exporting using Quicktime and then re-exporting using H.264 the same as exporting with H.264?

New Here ,
Jul 14, 2021 Jul 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been asked to deliver videos using H.264 codec with a VBR of 15mbps. However, when I set up the exports with H.264, they either take far too long or crash.

I'm wondering if it will cause any noticible differences if I export using Quicktime, and then re-export the video with H.264? This seems to work fine on my end, but I'd just like to be sure.

Thanks!

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem , Export , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 14, 2021 Jul 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm assuming when you say Quicktime, you're exporting to ProRes? If that's the case, should be fine, that's a fairly standard workflow (creating a master file as a ProRes and then create your deliverables from that). Just make sure your export settings for your master match your sequence so you don't wind up with weird framerate conversions or unwanted scaling.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines