Highlighted

Is it possible to add an audio transition in Extendscript?

Community Beginner ,
Aug 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

I'm trying to add a couple of buttons using my custom interface. They're for quickly adding audio crossfades between tracks e.g. add 3 frame cross-fade, add 10 frame cross-fade, add custom cross-fade. 

- I can't work out how to add a transition to an audio track using Extendscript.

- If it's not possible, is it possible to adjust the duration and start position of an existing transition. I've tried setting the `transition.duration` property and the `start` and `end` properties, but no joy. 

Topics

SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Is it possible to add an audio transition in Extendscript?

Community Beginner ,
Aug 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

I'm trying to add a couple of buttons using my custom interface. They're for quickly adding audio crossfades between tracks e.g. add 3 frame cross-fade, add 10 frame cross-fade, add custom cross-fade. 

- I can't work out how to add a transition to an audio track using Extendscript.

- If it's not possible, is it possible to adjust the duration and start position of an existing transition. I've tried setting the `transition.duration` property and the `start` and `end` properties, but no joy. 

Topics

SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no public, supported API that allows for the application of effects or transitions.

We do have an open bug about not being able to adjust in/out points on clips; it's plausible that the same behavior happens, for transitions.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
woodced LATEST
Community Beginner ,
Aug 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the response. I fear I'm up against my first real roadblock moving from Avid. I will write a separate post about it - as this post is Answered.

- FYI, I don't think this is about setting the In and Out on a transition, but the Start and End. The In and Out properties are empty values on the transition. I might try setting them anyway for s***ts and giggles. 

- An interesting difference, if I set the end property, I get an error. If I set the duration property, I get silence.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines