• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is it possible to change a existing sequence setting with a full timeline?

Explorer ,
Aug 12, 2020 Aug 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So my problem is that I done a full videoproject in Premiere Pro for Youtube with color correction, tweaks, music, SFX and much more and I had the sequence setting at 2,7 K because I shot most clips (Phantom 3 drone and Osmo Pocket) at that setting. Now I have rendered the video in the Youtube 4 K setting in Premiere because I heard the quality gets better in Youtube doing that.

Now I would also love to upload same video in Instagram TV with their new horisontal frame, but then I understand that you should export in some 1080P setting because of the otherwise very large videofile.

So my question is, can I change the sequence setting on the timeline that I already exported in 4 K to a 1080P setting for uploading in IGTV or is there another easier way to post same videoproject on both Youtube in 4 K and then a smaller resolution to Instagram?

Im a bit new to this.... ; )

TOPICS
Editing , Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 12, 2020 Aug 12, 2020

You can encode to any format you want, irrespective of the source dimensions.

If you up-res from 2.7K to 4K you can, so exporting to 1080p (1920x1080 or FullHD) is equally easy. Just select one of the 1080p presets in the Export dialogue.

Does this solve your issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now I have rendered the video in the Youtube 4 K setting in Premiere because I heard the quality gets better in Youtube doing that.

Says who?

But that is not what you are doing. Your are upscaling form 2K to 4K which means image quality loss.

You can change sequence settings by setting the Editing Mode to Custom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can encode to any format you want, irrespective of the source dimensions.

If you up-res from 2.7K to 4K you can, so exporting to 1080p (1920x1080 or FullHD) is equally easy. Just select one of the 1080p presets in the Export dialogue.

Does this solve your issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks buddy! Solved

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Ann This guy says that https://youtu.be/30_kNj4vz-0?t=663

Where do you change sequence setting by setting editing mode to custom? Is that in the Export?!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Never heard off.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With the timeline panel active (blue line around it) go to the Sequence menu, Sequence Settings.

At the top is the Editing Mode selection, scroll that up top to Custom.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can change the sequence setting but that might affect the compostion. Some people drop 4K sequences into 1080 timelines. That being said Premiere Pro can export to any frame rate, aspect ratio and resolution regaurdless of the sequence setting. If you start to watch the video at 2:00 mintues in you might find it to be a better option for exporting to iPhones, twitter, DVD, YouTube etc.

https://youtu.be/barrJWuBzCA

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines