Is it possible to disable "trim view"?

Community Beginner ,
Mar 04, 2021 Mar 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys,

I currently have to re-edit an existing video in Premiere Pro. I dragged the original video on track 2 and set the opacity on 50%. Now I need to adjust the in- and out-points of the source footage to match the original film.

Sadly when I use the Slip-tool ("y") to adjust the clip content, I get this "trim view" (don't know the actual name):

The "trim view":

what-i-see.jpg

The view I need:

what-i-need.jpg

This prevents me from seeing the tranparent original on top of the source footage to match their timing perfectly. Is there a way to disable that view? Or any other proven workflow for a situation like this?

Thank you!

Martin

TOPICS
Editing, Effects and Titles, How to

Views

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay nevermind. The shortcut Alt+Ctrl+Arrow keys left/right lets me slip the content of a clip. This works fine. 🙂
Would still be interesting to know if there is an option to turn off that "trim view".

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could try this option:

comp.PNG

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines