Highlighted

Is it possible to move video in increments less than a frame for audio syncing?

New Here ,
Jul 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As someone who edits music video content, I'm wondering if it is possible to adjust the video footage to be able to sync it perfectly with the audio. I've looked at a number of different videos on YouTube, but nothing seems to help. The big problem is not being able to move the video in increments less than a frame in order to perfectly align with audio.

I tried holding alt and pressing arrow keys, but that only moves frame by frame.

It tried right-clicking the sequence and selecting "show audio time units" but that only moves the audio in very small increments and not the video.

I just learned of the multi-cam sequence syncing feature, so hopefully, it will help for future projects.

Is there anything else that I may have missed that can help with video/audio syncing?

TOPICS
Audio, Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Is it possible to move video in increments less than a frame for audio syncing?

New Here ,
Jul 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As someone who edits music video content, I'm wondering if it is possible to adjust the video footage to be able to sync it perfectly with the audio. I've looked at a number of different videos on YouTube, but nothing seems to help. The big problem is not being able to move the video in increments less than a frame in order to perfectly align with audio.

I tried holding alt and pressing arrow keys, but that only moves frame by frame.

It tried right-clicking the sequence and selecting "show audio time units" but that only moves the audio in very small increments and not the video.

I just learned of the multi-cam sequence syncing feature, so hopefully, it will help for future projects.

Is there anything else that I may have missed that can help with video/audio syncing?

TOPICS
Audio, Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 16, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You cannot move or edit video in increments less than a whole frame.

The frame is the fundamental unit of video,  there is nothing smaller.

If you increase the frame rate of your video - say from 30fps where you can move the video in 1/30 sec steps to, for example 60fps - you can move the video in 1/60 sec steps.

If you set the timeline for Show Audio Time Units, you can move audio in much smaller steps, but video, even with that setting, will still move in whole frame increments.

MtD

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 16, 2020 1