• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is it possible to prevent a Subclip from being selected in the Project panel after creating it?

Community Beginner ,
Mar 11, 2021 Mar 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I often begin an editing project by creating Subclips (via the Source Monitor) from many unedited clips in the Project bin. Immediately after creating a Subclip, it is automatically selected in the Project bin, requiring me to scroll through the clips (often dozens) in the Project bin to find and select the next unedited clip.  It can be very time consuming scrolling up or down to get back to where I left off with unedited clips.

Is it possible to keep the clip selected in the Project bin that I have open in the Source Monitor after creating a Subclip? 

TOPICS
Editing , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 12, 2021 Mar 12, 2021

No. You can use a shortcut to make se Source Monitor active again. But if you feel strongly about this to be a feature, feel free to request it here: https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Mar 12, 2021 Mar 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No. You can use a shortcut to make se Source Monitor active again. But if you feel strongly about this to be a feature, feel free to request it here: https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the link! Feature requested. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A couple workarounds that don't really solve the problem but may make your life easier:

• Group 5-10 unedited clips in a new bin and subclip from there. I figure there's gotta be some natural grouping to the clips, right? 😀
  • If you are using Icon View, change the sort order to By Name. The new subclip will appear next to the original clip. List View is automatically sorted by name. If you rename your subclips to something plain language friendly, however, this method won't help at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had a similar thought about the smaller working bins. It's really the "plaiin language friendly" part that's the rub. I typically have a bin full of a camera's footage with clip names like C0001.MP4 through C0057.MP4. I will scrub through C0021.MP4, mark the Subclip that I like, and call it something like "TRUCK_AT_GATE_CU". As soon as create the Subclip, the Project panel repositions to the newly created Subclip, somewhere near the bottom of the list, and then I look at the Soruce panel to see that I was reviewing C0021.MP4, and then scroll or "Search for" C0022.MP4  to continue my review and subclipping. While it only takes 3-4 seconds to get back to where I was in the list, that is 4 seconds for each of  (sometimes) 200 or more clips in a project. 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines