Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is the laptop good enough for PP

Contributor ,
Aug 17, 2020 Aug 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI

I am about to buy a new laptop and I want to be able to use PP on it, but I am not a heavy user - usually, my videos are short, 20 min max affairs. Is this laptop going to be ok? That is about my limit price and I am a windows user.

Any thoughts of suggestions greatfully received.

HP ZBook 15v G5 15.6" FHD Mobile Workstation with i7 & NVIDIA® Quadro® P600 4GB Graphics

Thanks

E

TOPICS
Hardware or GPU

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The link won’t work for me but if it meets Premiere’s specs it should be fine. I recommend a 2nd hard drive to save your media and projects to.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Aug 18, 2020 Aug 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks - mended the link now. That's the thing - i am getting mixed messages about the graphics card - one person says its meets the spec and one doesn't. Id' value your opinion if that's ok

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may need to add more RAM to that laptop. You see, it has only 16 GB of total RAM installed - and it's running only in single-channel because it has only a single SODIMM isntalled.

Outside of that and what RobShultz stated, the Quadro P600 is a little underpowered for the 9th-Generation 6-core/12-thread mobile CPU that's installed in that laptop. The P600 is essentially half of a GeForce GTX 1050 Ti and with slower-clocked GDDR5 VRAM, but still has NVENC hardware encoding enabled and a 128-bit memory bus.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi - thanks for your reply. i can update the RAM so that's not going to be an issue - its more the graphics card. What do you mean by a 'a little underpowered - I know that's a kinda vague question but does it mean that at times it might be a little slower - or that its going to freeze.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's going to simply be quite a bit slower than even a normal GeForce GTX 1050, let alone a 1050 Ti.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines