• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

is there a smart automation plugin for premier pro?

New Here ,
Feb 07, 2021 Feb 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I am an editor of video tutorials. I have a bunch of hours of footage to edit from studio sessions where an artist does a painting demonstration while being filmed simultaneously with two cameras: one capturing his painting, the other capturing his palette.

Is there a plugin that would allow me automatically cut to the palette shot whenever his hand enters the frame, and then cut back to the painting when his hand enters the painting frame? This would save me so much time.

TOPICS
Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 07, 2021 Feb 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not that I've ever heard of. Yea, editing does include a lot of repetitive tasks. You learn to quickly scrub & mark spots, then come back to fix things going marker to marker. One way.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 28, 2021 Feb 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Am a bit late in replying but will just add something to what Neil said. I am also not aware of a plugin that does what you ask and like Neil would say that you'll develop your own ways to be more effcient with repetitive tasks like this. One thing I have learned with anything that is automated is that it is these things are not 100% accurate and so you still need to check it and fix up mistakes. In some cases, that can take as much time as doing the repetitive task yourself.

Hope it worked out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

any form of scene edit detection like in resolve, ae's magnum edit detector, or Shutter encoder may work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The key word is "may". When the scene is the same, and only a hand enters or leaves, getting a reliable cut is pretty iffy in my experience. May well be worth doing just to get things started. But ... going down the timeline with playback 3-4 times normal speed, stopping: Ctrl/Cmd-K and resume might not be that much slower. Compared to having to uncut some wrong cuts and add some correct cuts.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

true, some plugins let you customize the threshold of pixel change detection or you can crop the image so the object is proportionally large in the frame. this idea probably is only practicable if you have many, many hours of footage as like you said, real life is never perfect.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines