• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is there a special order in Premiere Pro for adding effects and color?

Advocate ,
Dec 21, 2020 Dec 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I'm adding these 4 effects to my clip and adjustment layer:

Neat Video (de noiser)

Lumettri

Crop

and on the clip:

Sharpen

Oh, and a few clips have Warp Stablizer...  where should that go? I read after Neat Vid. but before or after color?

For some reason, the Sharpen works when it's directly on the clip, and not in the adjustment layer... .strange.

Can I make a 2nd adjustment layer ??

Is there a rule of thumb for the order of effects?

I was told to have Neat Video first....  then ???

and if I add a 2nd adjustment layer, does that go above or below my first adjust layer?

What the pecking order? 

Thanks for your thoughts.

Letty

TOPICS
Editing , Effects and Titles

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Dec 21, 2020 Dec 21, 2020

Ouch! That's a heavy, heavy workload there.

That workflow is going to take several steps.

Do the Warp clips first, and export to a good DI ... digital intermediate ... format/codec like Cineform or DNxHD/R or ProRes 422, reimporting that back to replace the original clips.

Then if you've got serious Neat denoising to do, you've got a decision. Do that and again export/reimport, then color'sharpening ... or do color and at the end  try the denoise/sharpening process.

Combining heavy color

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ouch! That's a heavy, heavy workload there.

That workflow is going to take several steps.

Do the Warp clips first, and export to a good DI ... digital intermediate ... format/codec like Cineform or DNxHD/R or ProRes 422, reimporting that back to replace the original clips.

Then if you've got serious Neat denoising to do, you've got a decision. Do that and again export/reimport, then color'sharpening ... or do color and at the end  try the denoise/sharpening process.

Combining heavy color and video denoising in one export processing  can take hours and hours. And sharpening should be handled as near the end as possible. So I might tend to get everything through color and other effects, ready to export. Then do a render/replace to a format/codec as noted above.

After the R&R work is done processing, then do the de-noise and sharpening in one step during the final export.

Colorists of course often have to deal with things like this. Which is why they need fast, massive RAIDs on 10GigE connections, 128 Gigs of RAM minimum ... and really, really hot CPUs and GPUs. In other words, 'heavy iron' computers.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you very much Neil, as always solid professional advice.

Best,

Letty

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines