• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is there a way to Find The Data of a Clip In Premiere Pro

Explorer ,
May 21, 2017 May 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Example, can i find what was the lens that was used and the Aperture as well as shutter on certain clips in premiere pro

i know it tells the Resolution size and the Frame rate, just wondered if this is possible to find out as well?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , May 21, 2017 May 21, 2017

You go into the Project panel, right-click on the headings in the bar at the top of the panel, and select which data fields you want to see. Also covered thoroughly in the Help files. One of the few things that's actually covered pretty decently in the Help.

Now understand ... you don't necessarily get all the metadata that some cameras give for their still images in their video images. Sometimes the video files from some cameras leave off the lens used or several of the other things a still phot

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
May 21, 2017 May 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You go into the Project panel, right-click on the headings in the bar at the top of the panel, and select which data fields you want to see. Also covered thoroughly in the Help files. One of the few things that's actually covered pretty decently in the Help.

Now understand ... you don't necessarily get all the metadata that some cameras give for their still images in their video images. Sometimes the video files from some cameras leave off the lens used or several of the other things a still photographer is used to seeing.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
May 19, 2021 May 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same question, but I don't this option in the project panel as you describe.  There is an "Info" drop down option.  But that only shows a few basic details about the clip.  I want to know what lens I used (Fuji X camera).  And it doesn't seem like any of this data is available...much to my surprise.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not talking about clicking on an item. In list view, the title bar above the items, where it lists the different fields. Right-click on that bar, and you get a little box saying "Metadata Display". Click on that, and you get a dialog box with TONS of options ... including in the Exif Extended options, the lens make and model.

Any item you add appears to the FAR left, so if you want to see it without scrolling sideways, drag that column header left. Then save the schema as a named one, and use it.

Neil

Metadata Lens.PNG

 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
May 23, 2021 May 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for explanation.  I see that.  However, most of the fields I'm looking for are empty...such as camera body, lens, camera settings.  I'm using Fuji X-T4's mainly.  Strange.  I see all these fields in Lightroom, Photoshop, etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I actually found an easier solution - by adding "True Exif" extension I'm now easily able to set exactly what clip data I want to see (lens, aperture, etc).  I'm puzzled why Premiere doesnt seem to make all this data available by default. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Note my just above response. Premiere makes a half bazillion options available for user choice, way too many for making them all a 'default'. I doubt you need that extension.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 23, 2023 Nov 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

is there a way to know what camera name take the clips 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 23, 2023 Nov 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, Adobe Premiere Pro provides several ways to find information about a clip in your project. Here are some steps you can take to access data about a clip:

1. **Project Panel:**
- Open the Project Panel by selecting it from the window menu if it's not already visible.
- Find the clip in the Project Panel. Right-click on the clip, and you'll see various details about the clip, including file name, file path, duration, frame rate, and resolution.

2. **Metadata Panel:**
- If you don't see the Metadata Panel, you can open it by selecting "Metadata" from the Window menu.
- With the clip selected in the Project Panel, the Metadata Panel will display additional information about the clip, such as creation date, modified date, and camera information.

3. **Source Monitor:**
- Load the clip into the Source Monitor.
- Click the Metadata Display wrench icon at the bottom of the Source Monitor.
- Customize the metadata display to show details like file name, path, duration, and more.

These methods should provide you with various details about the clip, both in terms of project organization (Project Panel) and specific metadata associated with the clip (Metadata Panel and Source Monitor).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines