Highlighted

Is there a way to log a list of all the clips used in a timeline?

Community Beginner ,
Jan 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a bunch of timelines with a bunch of clips on them.  I need to know a list of the clips in their original file names that were used in the timeline.  Short of right-clicking on each one and selecting "reveal in finder" is there any way of performing this in a printout or a log file?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Is there a way to log a list of all the clips used in a timeline?

Community Beginner ,
Jan 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a bunch of timelines with a bunch of clips on them.  I need to know a list of the clips in their original file names that were used in the timeline.  Short of right-clicking on each one and selecting "reveal in finder" is there any way of performing this in a printout or a log file?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Participant ,
Jan 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure if you can get a log file but maybe this will help you:

You can sort the clips by usage in your project window.

If you right-click somewhere on the top of one of the columns you can select "metadata display"

Unfold "Premiere Pro Project Metadata" > Check on "Video Usage" and "Audio Usage" > Press OK

Now you can sort the clips in your project by usage.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is not.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jan 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are Mac based, this app is extremely handy:

Sequence Clip Reporter CC

It includes the file path of the clip in the spreadsheet it creates.

I believe there is a demo version.

MtD

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you will be using it a lot, this is not an option.

But you can export to edl.

Then you need to throw all the unnecessary parts away.

It's far from ideal, but it is an option.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check out EDL Ease.  It provides very limited data, but one of the line items looks to tell me the original file name. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you kellys10537129

I am the developer of EDL Ease and the software can do this.   You would need to export CMX formatted EDLs for every video layer in each sequence.   You can then drop all the video layers and they will be re-combined into one excel document and if selected in the settings will create duration summaries for SOURCE, FROM CLIP NAME and SOURCE FILE (depending on the workflow) so you would have a parsed out list of all edit events and separate tables with clip names (from all layers)  and their combined Source and Program durations.

EDL Ease is free, secure, codsigned and notarized by Apple and has been tested on OS X High Sierra through Catalina.  It is intended to create a simple yet elegant human readable static list and tabled data from EDL File(s) and should not be used to conform or clean EDL's  There are plenty of other tools out there that offer these functions.

Download a free copy here:

EDL Ease

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines