• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is there a way to only allow one track to be soloed at a time?

Community Beginner ,
Apr 13, 2021 Apr 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere is defaulted to allow multiple tracks to be soloed at a time which dosm't make sense since solo implies only one. I realize I could go through and unsolo all the tracks I don't want to hear; I'm not looking for answers like that, thanks. I'm just wondering if there is a setting somewhere that will allow the soloing function to work the way DAWs are supposed to.

TOPICS
Audio

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I thought that was really odd at first, but it's something that a lot of users like and/or wanted. Why?

I've had it explained to me like this. Because often when one has ten tracks of audio and wants to hear only three, it's faster to 'solo' those three tracks than to mute seven. So if "solo" really meant only one track, more users would be spending time clicking the mute buttons on tracks than they do now, as there are more playbacks with some tracks playing than only one.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I guess that makes sense and this is also how Audition works. Premiere Pro resembles Audition a lot and possibly they're developed from the same growndwork. As I understand it, Audition was built around Cool Edit Pro which they bought from Strylium. Cool Edit Pro did not solo multiple tracks, so I can see how some might consider that an improvement. I think most DAWs deal with this by having a track Disable button in addition to Solo and Mute.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Most of Premiere's audio is now based on Audition code. The teams work pretty closely.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines