Highlighted

Is there an efficient way to "decompose" sequences which were put and cut into a timeline?

New Here ,
Oct 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys,

I am currently trying to export and "recycle" an old project of mine which I worked on with Premiere Pro CS6 a few years ago. Its a documentary of 47 minutes in length. Back then I had terrible media management and didnt care about a certain structure and order handling my timelines.

That is why I have to deal with a messed up timeline today. There are several sequences in the timeline which themselves are cutted.

I want to export an XML, AAF or EDL to import my project into DaVinci Resolve for further Color Grading. But these files I export from Premiere Pro dont seem to work at all and look not at all like the original timeline when imported to Resolve. I guess these problems are related to those cut up sequences.

Now I am trying to find an efficient way to deal with this mess, do you guys have an idea on how to handle this?

TOPICS
Editing, Error or problem, Export, How to, User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Is there an efficient way to "decompose" sequences which were put and cut into a timeline?

New Here ,
Oct 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys,

I am currently trying to export and "recycle" an old project of mine which I worked on with Premiere Pro CS6 a few years ago. Its a documentary of 47 minutes in length. Back then I had terrible media management and didnt care about a certain structure and order handling my timelines.

That is why I have to deal with a messed up timeline today. There are several sequences in the timeline which themselves are cutted.

I want to export an XML, AAF or EDL to import my project into DaVinci Resolve for further Color Grading. But these files I export from Premiere Pro dont seem to work at all and look not at all like the original timeline when imported to Resolve. I guess these problems are related to those cut up sequences.

Now I am trying to find an efficient way to deal with this mess, do you guys have an idea on how to handle this?

TOPICS
Editing, Error or problem, Export, How to, User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 28, 2020 0
salvo34 LATEST
Advocate ,
Oct 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

maybe try to export an intermediate from CS6 ( your choice but usually it's prores, DNxHD, or cineform). Put that into resolve and use scene detection to get what cuts you can out of it. Transitions and some other stuff will confuse the computer but you can fix that later. If your computer can handle the work load you can then do your color stuff after fixing it in the edit tab.

good luck

🙂

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 28, 2020 0