• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is there another update coming soon? There is no useable version of premiere pro with the Sony a7s

New Here ,
Jan 06, 2021 Jan 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Currently the newest version of Premiere Pro that doesn't crash constantly is 14.3.2 (if I recall correctly). Unfortunately, this version is horrible at playing back the a7s III footage. Tons of frames are dropped and it's just a disaster to look at. 

The newer updates up to 14.7 playback a7s III footage super smooth, but they all have horrendous deal-breaking flaws that have made me go BACK to 14.3.2 about 4 times now. 

Currently 14.7 runs okay, but crashes every single time I create a submix track, which means I have no way to properly mix my audio in 14.7. I'm running a 2070 Super and a Ryzen 5900x. Not the top of the top, but a "Pro" program should not be having this much of an issue generating a single audio track on my machine. 

Seriously adobe. Get your stuff together please. Release an update that at least makes this a functional option for people to use. I doing my best not to move my entire team over to DaVinci, but your inability to put out functional programs is slowing down my teams ability to get videos out the door with our a7s iii's. 

TOPICS
Audio , Crash , Error or problem , Freeze or hang , Hardware or GPU , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Panasonic, Canon, Sony and Nikon all have variations of H.264 that Nvenc and Quick Sync cannot encode or decode. Intel's line of CPUs in 2021 are supposed to get a Quick Sync revamp. Some codecs DaVinci Resolve can playback better than Premiere Pro but other codecs Premiere Pro has an advantage.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can confirm the last "most stable" release of Premiere is 14.3.2. I have not upgraded since that point while I wait for a stable version of Premiere to be released. Literally 4 versions from the one that is out now... We are all in agreement that we want Adobe's Premiere development team to put out higher quality updates that stop breaking basic things like keyboard shortcuts, or incessently cause crashes. Here's hoping 14.8 is the winner!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Jan 08, 2021 Jan 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Graeme Bull,

My system is above 14.3.2 and it is stable. I have an RTX 2070 and i9 9900K.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines