• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is there ANY way to backup or copy the preferences in adobe premiere?

New Here ,
Jan 21, 2020 Jan 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need to replicate the premiere preferences already configured in many computers, or anytime a new user logs in. Is there any way to do this?

I'm not talking about settings/workspaces but the media cache, audio config...

TOPICS
How to , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jan 21, 2020 Jan 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Adobe does offer a basic backup function with syncing to your CC account, but I will say it isn't as thorough as it needs to be. I've had to do this many times as a means of replicating the same config. in multiple workstations that have different CC accounts.

Here's where I'm confused though. Media Cache isn't a configuration. It's equivalent to cookies on a web browser. It makes certain operations faster (usually). It probably wouldn't even work or be of use on another machine because (I'm assuming) that cache operations are specific to that machine.

Not sure what you mean by 'audio config', but let me just say that any Premiere-configuration items are in one of two folders (here's the PC path for reference)

If you've never synced settings to your CC acct.: \Documents\Adobe\Premiere Pro\X.0\ Profile-<Username>

If you've synced settings to CC at least once. \Documents\Adobe\Premiere Pro\X.0\Profile-CreativeCloud-

Now I will outright say how silly the two directory-system is, but I digress. Within those folders are all sorts of things:

.kys files tor Keyboard Shortcuts, .sqpreset files for Sequence Presets, you name it. I could go on all day, but just dig through that folder and you'll eventually see where things are. Keep note of what folder they live in, because in order to be replicated on another machine that same folder structure is needed.

Then you can copy those files to backup, another machine, etc. I like to copy the entire Profile folder to my CC Files manually for a manual backup, and this has helped already on one occasion this year.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines