• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is there any way to Copy / Paste text postion / motion?

Community Beginner ,
Dec 15, 2020 Dec 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I have tried a few things unsuccessfully & looked into this online a fair amount and I can't seem to find an answer.

I create a lot of videos with multiple text clips (not sure if "clips" is the offical terminology, sorry. Premiere has very unintuitive names for things). Anyway, I'll either want to make adjustments to text position for each piece of text after the fact OR I make edits to a new version of the original video for different social media app conventions  (1080x1080, then 1080 x 1920) and I'd like to have the text appear in the middle of the screen rather than the bottom (for example). What ends up happening is I have to manually move each piece of text, which is time consuming & imperfect.

What I want to be able to do is: copy paste Motion / position info in Effects Controls or Essential Graphics like you can with video clips. I've used Master Styles to mass change font, but it doesn't seem to adjust position & I can't figure out how.

There has to be a way, right?

Any help is appreciated. thanks

TOPICS
Editing , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lazlow,

Have you tried making a motion graphics template? Responsive Design > Position could probably resolve the issue. Info here. Let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank You,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks Kevin but that's not exactly what I need. I'd like to be able to change position, shadow, font size etc. uniformly without having to go throuh every single one.

I attached a screen shot if that helps demonstrate. All the pink are the different text (they serve as captions) that I have over the course of the video.

As it stands now, If I make changes to the positioning or pretty much anything except font or font color, then I have to go in and change them all individually.

Are you aware of any way to do that?

Screen Shot 2020-12-15 at 5.09.21 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There's no way to do it if you've already put your text boxes in. What I might suggest for the future is to create a text object that you want for placement, justification, font, shadow etc. Then just alt-left-click the original to create a new one. And so on. This will make a duplicate of the master. Outside of that, you'd have to make a template.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines