Highlighted

Is there any way to import RMF files from Odyssey 7Q without having to open every containing folder?

New Here ,
Feb 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I am shooting 4K raw using a Canon C500 and Odyssey 7Q recorder and using Media Browser within Premiere Pro.

When I import the resulting files, I have to open each individual folder, within Media Browser, where each clip is stored, to do so.

Is there a way to get Premiere to read the root folder, and display all the clips contained in there, so I don't have to go to each individual clip folder, which is rather tedious and time consuming.

Many thanks in advance,

H

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Is there any way to import RMF files from Odyssey 7Q without having to open every containing folder?

New Here ,
Feb 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I am shooting 4K raw using a Canon C500 and Odyssey 7Q recorder and using Media Browser within Premiere Pro.

When I import the resulting files, I have to open each individual folder, within Media Browser, where each clip is stored, to do so.

Is there a way to get Premiere to read the root folder, and display all the clips contained in there, so I don't have to go to each individual clip folder, which is rather tedious and time consuming.

Many thanks in advance,

H

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Feb 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With Canon mxf you ingest the content folder.

Dont know if the card structure is the same.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ann,

Unfortunately, it is not.

Thanks,

H

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you post a screenshot of the card structure.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The root folder is:

}CLIPS{______________ODYSSEY

Inside that are just the individual clip folders, things like AA067901, AA068001, AA068101, AA068201 etc.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

File > Import, select the top folder and then click on Import Folder will do the trick.

You will get an error message if there are any unsopported clips in the folder/sub folders, but just click OK.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That approach really doesn't work, unfortunately.

If you do it that way, Premiere doesn't recognise just a single clip in the clip folders - it ends up importing the entire rmf sequence, which takes forever, and then it converts each of those rmf files into the same, complete clip.

So, for example, if you have shot in 25 fps, and you have shot one second, you will have 25 rmf files in your clip folder.

If you try importing that folder, Premiere converts each of the 25 rmf files in to a complete one second clip, and you end up with 25 identical clips in your project window.

It also maintains the folder structure anyway, so you end up having to extract the clips as well.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ooops, i missed that you are trying to import RAW...

I searched around and found little information but saw the software Cinema RAW Development mentioned on several places. I have not used nor worked with RAW footage from the C500 so i dont know if Cinema RAW Development is the solution. It may work, or not... (Link: EOS C500 )

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Averdahl,

Many thanks for the hunt around!

Cinema RAW Development is a viewer and transcoding program.

Premiere actually handles the .rmf files surprisingly well natively, it's just the pain of having to get them in there in the first place that I am trying to figure out.

Like I say, you can get them in there manually, just a bit tedious.

Thanks again!

Henry

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

plz help i got c500 odyssey 7q+ so i grabed all the frames luckly they are numbered in order put them in one folder then draged it in premier ....is premier working with the raw natively am i getting all bennefits of raw....i am worried once i put my files in premier is converting to a water down version and giving me low qaulity files but so far i can injest rmf ...and is there any addvantage of converting to dpx is it any bennefit because dpx is 50mb per frame 1tb 3 minuets ....but rmf is 11mb per frame 23mins 1tb

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HenryM,

I think you might be able to work around this by searching the root name of these files in the Media Browser. It should expose all of the media you need to import at that time. A lot of RED camera users employ this method. Try it and report back.

Thanks,
Kevin

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you might be able to work around this

I'm thinking fixing this is the very definition of a JDI feature.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kevin,

Thanks for your answer, and apologies for the late reply.

If I search the root name, it just gives me the root folder, as described previously: }CLIPS{______________ODYSSEY

If you double click in to that folder, you get each of the individual clip folders, which contain the raw sequence.

If you then click in to that, you get a complete clip you can then import, but that is a lot of steps, if you have more than just a few clips to import.

Anything else, please let me know.

Cheers,

H

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines