• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is there any way to set the Opacity Mask Feather default to Zero?

Participant ,
Oct 30, 2020 Oct 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone know of a way to change the default value for the "Opacity", "Mask Feather" setting? 

I use opacity masking a lot, and I very rarely have the need to feather the mask. The "Mask Feather" default setting is a value of 10, which means I need to take the extra step of setting it to zero, if I want a well-defined mask edge. That may seem trivial, but it becomes tiresome if I'm creating a lot of masks. 
Granted, there are a many instances where having a feathered edge won't really cause a problem, but there are also many times when I need a well-defined edge to a mask.  

Thanks!

Opacity Mask Feather.png

TOPICS
Effects and Titles , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Oct 31, 2020 Oct 31, 2020

You could save your most often Opacity mask settings as a preset. I would get the mask in general how you want it, with Mask Feather set to zero. Then right-click on the Opacity and select "Save Preset..." You could make a whole bunch of different ones and then organize them in the Presets folder under the Effects tab.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Oct 31, 2020 Oct 31, 2020

Either dropping a preset or setting the feather: both is an extra step.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Oct 31, 2020 Oct 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could save your most often Opacity mask settings as a preset. I would get the mask in general how you want it, with Mask Feather set to zero. Then right-click on the Opacity and select "Save Preset..." You could make a whole bunch of different ones and then organize them in the Presets folder under the Effects tab.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Either dropping a preset or setting the feather: both is an extra step.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Gerik's got the best available answer. They don't give a user-option to set most default settings, and yea, most of us would choose something other than 10 pixels. Maybe another request on their UserVoice system ...

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines